Running a tight operation with low overheads is essential in the highly competitive wholesale food industry. Complete Food Services, a leading supplier of food products to restaurants, hotels and retail food outlets, knows this only too well.
Operating a huge 5,500 sqm facility in the northern Melbourne suburb of Preston, with round-the-clock power requirements for refrigeration and warehouse lighting, electricity cannot be compromised due to food safe facility accreditation requirements, yet it is one of the company’s biggest outgoing costs.
Complete Food Services turned to EnviroGroup to help address their energy usage. With EnviroGroup’s vast experience with large sites and food industry facilities, we were able to devise a tailored solution to meet the company’s needs. In December 2013, EnviroGroup installed a custom-designed solar panel system on the company’s expansive flat roof.
The system comprises
- 200 kW Roof Mount System
- 800 x 250W Premium Yingli Solar Panels
- 10 x SMA 17000 and 2 x SMA 15000 Tripower Inverters
- Estimated to generate approximately 248MWh per year
- Estimated to reduce the company’s CO2 emissions by around 323 tonnes annually
- Estimated to cover 50% of Complete Food Services electricity use during daylight hours.