EnviroGroup offers a limited installation services warranty for any defects in the work carried out by its qualified installers when installing a solar system (“workmanship warranty”).
This warranty applies to the system specified in the contract of works, at the address specified in the contract of works.
EnviroGroup warrants that the installer of the System will be suitably qualified and experienced; will be duly licensed and/or registered; will be accredited for installation of the System/s with the CEC (Clean Energy Council) and/or any other relevant body.
The Company reserves the right to charge a fee (“Call Out Fee”) payable by the Customer should the Company send a representative to the site of installation in response to a perceived failure of the System, or fault in workmanship, where said fault is not found to be caused by a fault or defect in the materials and/or workmanship supplied by the Company.
The workmanship warranty covers any defects that arise from the workmanship in installing your solar panels and solar inverter at the premises specified in the solar system installation Contract.
It does not cover the system or any of its components, including the performance of the panels or the inverter (which may be covered by separate manufacturer warranties and under law).
- For all work except the installation of a switchboard, the workmanship warranty period is 5 years from the date of completion of the installation for residential properties.
- For work related to the installation of a switchboard, the workmanship warranty period is 1 year from the date of the installation of the switchboard.
Where the workmanship warranty applies, EnviroGroup will either (at its discretion and cost):
- re-do or repair the installation; or
- replace any faulty part with a comparable new or refurbished part so that the installation is no longer defective
Limitations and Exclusions:
The Company will not be responsible for the loss or damage to any of the client’s property, real or personal, or for any faults or defects in the System due to misuse or damage cause by others, including the Client, or if the system fails to operate due to any or all of the following including but without limitation:
- an event of Force Majeure;
- atmospheric electrical discharges;
- flooding or water damage;
- the data supplied by the Client was inaccurate or untrue;
- any act, omission, misuse, abuse, or damage (whether wilful, accidental or negligent) caused by the customer or a third party;
- improper use or maintenance by the Client;
- failure to comply with manufacturer instructions;
- the Client has failed to maintain the Site to ensure that there is not obstruction to the successful operation of the System;
- unauthorized repairs, modifications or additions by the someone other than an authorised EnviroGroup representative;
- faulty operation of Client equipment;
- system fails to operate due to climate conditions beyond that which could be reasonably anticipated having regard to recorded weather patterns;
- pest damage, corrosion, land or building movement);
- interference from other devices;
- general wear and tear;
- events outside of design range caused by the distributor or network operator;
- internet (including but not limited to wifi or network) interruptions, changes or issues.
- a failure to promptly notify EnviroGroup of any defects. You need to regularly check your system is working properly;
- any works or parts which were not part of the installation Agreement.
- any other cause beyond the control of the Company.
You must provide all reasonable assistance to EnviroGroup to help us diagnose and remedy any defects remotely. If you do not do so, costs to attend your premise may not be covered by this workmanship warranty.
To claim under this workmanship warranty, please contact EnviroGroup by one of the following means:
- Address: 4 Dairy Drive, Coburg North VIC 3058
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 1300 430 430
You will need to provide:
- details of why you believe the installation services were performed in a defective manner;
- a copy of your invoice, receipt or any other document which provides proof of purchase of the installation services;
- details of any expenses you have incurred in making your claim; and
- details of how we should contact you.
Within a reasonable time after receipt of your claim we will contact you to arrange a time to attend the premises at which the solar system is located.
If we determine that the installation services were performed in a defective manner but the failure is not a major failure and is capable of being remedied, you must provide us with an opportunity to remedy the problem free of charge within a reasonable time.
This workmanship warranty applies in addition to any statutory rights or remedies you may have, including under the Australian Consumer Law. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law.