- More than 50% reduction in electricity bills.
- Electricity generated is enough to run 31 homes per year.
- The CO2 reduction is equivalent to taking 40 cars off the road.
- Savings of over $28,000 in the first year.
- Largest privately owned solar system in the City of Bendigo.
- Visible sign to customers, partners and staff of Balgownie Estate’s commitment to their goal of becoming a fully sustainable business.
Our aim is to become carbon neutral by 2016 – EnviroGroup’s installation of the Yingli solar system is a vital step in achieving this goal. We are seeing our electricity bills and carbon emissions dropping drastically.
– Des Forrester, Director, Balgownie Estate
Established by the now legendary winemaker Stuart Anderson in 1969, Balgownie Estate was the first vineyard planted in the Bendigo district in more than 80 years. The emergence of Balgownie Estate as a serious red wine producer in the 1970s led to the rapid expansion of the central goldfields wine growing region and was a significant player in the rebirth of the Victorian wine industry.
EnviroGroup as Preferred Solar Installer
EnviroGroup was approached by Balgownie Estate in 2012 to assist them with a Clean Technology Investment Program Grant submission that would lead to the design and installation of this impressive 90kW Solar Power System. EnviroGroup was selected based on reputation, professionalism and the breadth of technical expertise of our in-house engineers, designers and installers.
The installation incorporates an innovative ground mounting to achieve optimal solar generation elevation at an economic cost. The Solar Power project was promptly completed in June 2013, comprising premium components and installed by EnviroGroup’s expert team of in-house solar installers.
The system comprises
- 90.0 kW Ground mount System
- 360 x 250W Premium Yingli Panels
- 6 x SMA 15000 Tripower Inverters
Successful Clean Technology Investment Grant:
- 48% reduction in energy
- $20,000 per year cost saving
- Payback expected in 4.7 years