Join us as a Technical Sales Consultant and you will be trained in the rapidly developing field of sustainable technology.
We sell a diverse range of products and services to a wide customer base of differing levels of knowledge and experience. The role requires enthusiasm for customer service and a technical background or aptitude.
The EnviroShop is a small business, which means you will be dealing with many different issues and roles in the space of an average working day. There is a lot of background knowledge to be learned and understood on all our products, so an ability and passion for learning is essential. You will be provided with on-the-job training in all relevant areas, but if you’re the right kind of person for the job we hope you’ll also be doing a bit of research and education in your own time, because you love that kind of thing.
While there will initially be more hours to allow for training the ongoing role will be typically three to four days a week, with the flexible hours. The role includes some weekend work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sales, administration and invoicing of energy efficiency retrofits such as insulation, lighting, hot water, solar skylight and roof ventilation systems, including supplier and sub-contractor management
- Helping customers with in-depth information on sustainable products such as low-toxicity paints and finishes, cleaning products, draught-proofing products, solar power systems, composting and lighting
- Retail assistant duties in a High St store
- Assistance with sourcing, ordering and receiving store stock
- Consultancy with customers regarding energy efficiency of their homes, in-store and on-site
- Management, maintenance, updates and troubleshooting of website (currently WordPress and Magento)
- General information management and digital maintenance, including creation and updates of information sheets
- General problem solving and maintenance of POS software and related systems
Key attributes required:
- Strong interest in sustainability
- Understanding of sales principles and customer service practices in a retail environment
- Ability to multi-task, while being attentive to customers and remaining flexible to the needs of the business
- Enthusiastic, friendly and energetic with a genuine desire to provide outstanding service
- Able to perform complex tasks in an efficient and accurate manner
- A solid understanding of digital information systems and basic accounting practices is an advantage
How to apply
To apply please email your CV (including availability) and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Retail Technical Sales and Consultancy.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.